If your family member is one of the more than 2.5 million residents of the UK who suffer from diabetes, Right at Home can help manage the disease through:
- Education of what affects blood glucose levels
- Coordination of a healthy meal plan
- Development of a light exercise schedule
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders/set-up/administration
Diabetes Information and Resources
- Almost 25 million people in the U.S. and U.K. live with diabetes. This is more than 7 percent of the respective populations.
- More than 1.5 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed every year.
- Almost 25 percent of people over the age of 65 have diabetes.
- More than 90 percent of diabetics have Type 2 diabetes.
- For a great resource on diabetes health, visit the Living with Diabetes section at Diabetes Ireland.