If your family member is one of the more than 2.5 million residents of the UK who suffer from diabetes, Right at Home can help manage the disease through:
- Education of what affects blood glucose levels
- Coordination of a healthy meal plan
- Development of a light exercise schedule
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders/set-up/administration
Diabetes Information and Resources
- Almost 25 million people in the U.S. and U.K. live with diabetes. This is more than 7 percent of the respective populations.
- More than 1.5 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed every year.
- Almost 25 percent of people over the age of 65 have diabetes.
- More than 90 percent of diabetics have Type 2 diabetes.
- For a great resource on diabetes health, visit the Living with Diabetes section at Diabetes Ireland.
Breda Pagett crowned Right at Home’s Carer of the Year
Breda Pagett from Moycullen in Galway has been crowned Right at Home’s 2022 Carer of the Year. Right at Home’s 2022 Carer of the Year Awards celebrate and recognise the outstanding work and commitment of care staff who play an instrumental role in their communities.Read more
Edel Robinson Crowned HCCI Manager of the Year 2022
We are delighted to share the great news that our colleague Edel Robinson has been crowned Manager of the Year at the 2022 Home and Community Care Ireland (HCCI) Awards.Read more
Right at Home Galway – Winners Service Franchise of the Year 2022
At the prestigious Irish Franchise Awards held in the Radisson Blue Golden Lane, Dublin, Right at Home Galway office picked up the award for Service Franchisee of the Year for 2022.Read more
"Working for Right at Home is wonderful - I've got to know my clients so well and I've got the time to help them do the things they enjoy. To see the impact this can have on their quality of life is amazing. We have a great time together!"
"This is the first time I have needed care and I was unsure what to expect. Thank goodness I chose Right at Home. Gail is an excellent ambassador for the firm - pleasant, polite and professional at all times. Gemma, to me, is the epitome of what a carer should be. She is a very hard worker and always has a smile on her face."
"Louise is an absolute star who consistently goes the extra mile. She is calm and efficient and happy to deal with whatever arises. She has formed a real bond with mum and I have every confidence in her – she has not only made my mother’s life considerably easier and more content but mine too, as she has saved me from hours of worrying!"
"The service I've received from Right at Home has been excellent; the staff always listen and really do fulfill their promise to go the extra mile. Their dedication is excellent."
"Thank you for your professional service. Wendy was great, had a super attitude, and could not have been more helpful."