Hypertension and Stroke
The best strategy for controlling and preventing high blood pressure is to begin with lifestyle changes. For seniors, this often means a combination of light exercise and medication. Right at Home can prepare a customised hypertension program to promote a healthier lifestyle, including:
- Development of a light exercise schedule
- Coordination of a healthy meal plan
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders/set-up/administration
Hypertension/Stroke Information and Resources
- More than 50 million American and British citizens have high blood pressure. More than 30 percent of those affected don’t know it.
- Stroke is the third leading cause of death in the United Kingdom.
- Up to 80 percent of strokes are preventable.
- For a great resource on living with hypertension, visit the British and Irish Hypertension Society.