Neuromuscular Diseases and Disorders
Neuromuscular conditions are complex because they can affect both motor skills and cognition. Regardless of the particular disease/disorder or the extent of its progression, Right at Home carers can help by offering:
- Safety supervision
- Getting dressed
- Personal care and grooming
- Light housekeeping
- Laundry services
- Medication reminders
- Mental stimulation
- Transport assistance
Neuromuscular Information and Resources
- Neuromuscular disorders are conditions affecting the nerves which pass from the brain and spinal cord to the muscles, the muscles themselves, and the complex junction between each nerve and muscle (myasthenic conditions).
- Most neuromuscular disorders cause weakness and it can sometimes be very difficult to identify the precise cause of the problem.
- Many, but not all, neuromuscular disorders are inherited.
- For various reasons, an affected individual might have no family history of a similar condition.
- The spectrum of Neuromuscular diseases includes muscular dystrophies; in some cases these are severe and limit life expectancy, others are relatively mild.
- For more information visit the Muscular Dystrophy Ireland website.
Breda Pagett crowned Right at Home’s Carer of the Year
Breda Pagett from Moycullen in Galway has been crowned Right at Home’s 2022 Carer of the Year. Right at Home’s 2022 Carer of the Year Awards celebrate and recognise the outstanding work and commitment of care staff who play an instrumental role in their communities.Read more
Edel Robinson Crowned HCCI Manager of the Year 2022
We are delighted to share the great news that our colleague Edel Robinson has been crowned Manager of the Year at the 2022 Home and Community Care Ireland (HCCI) Awards.Read more
Right at Home Galway – Winners Service Franchise of the Year 2022
At the prestigious Irish Franchise Awards held in the Radisson Blue Golden Lane, Dublin, Right at Home Galway office picked up the award for Service Franchisee of the Year for 2022.Read more
"Working for Right at Home is wonderful - I've got to know my clients so well and I've got the time to help them do the things they enjoy. To see the impact this can have on their quality of life is amazing. We have a great time together!"
"This is the first time I have needed care and I was unsure what to expect. Thank goodness I chose Right at Home. Gail is an excellent ambassador for the firm - pleasant, polite and professional at all times. Gemma, to me, is the epitome of what a carer should be. She is a very hard worker and always has a smile on her face."
"Louise is an absolute star who consistently goes the extra mile. She is calm and efficient and happy to deal with whatever arises. She has formed a real bond with mum and I have every confidence in her – she has not only made my mother’s life considerably easier and more content but mine too, as she has saved me from hours of worrying!"
"The service I've received from Right at Home has been excellent; the staff always listen and really do fulfill their promise to go the extra mile. Their dedication is excellent."
"Thank you for your professional service. Wendy was great, had a super attitude, and could not have been more helpful."